Beyond that, there are four rules:
Most of the XKCD rules also apply.
Sometimes the other ones do as well.
Note that there are not many hard and fast rules, beyond The One Rule, and most that there are have fluffy squiggles around them. I do not want to have to treat people like five year olds.
On people who enforce the rules.
Currently, all Ops can be kicked by Aquarion or Sal. If you believe I (
On the rules being on a wiki
The rules are on a wiki. This has occasionally been really useful, as it means that a statement made here like
On reporting someone being a dick
PM an op. If in doubt as to which op, PM Aquarion. If Aquarion isn’t around, his email address is aquarion at maelfroth dot org.
On the enforcement of the rules
Notably, because inflection in text is Hard, I will not generally assume people are getting actually upset and distressed by a conversation until they tell me, at point blank range in query, that the current argument is causing them to lose coping points. Different people argue in different ways, and I don’t want to stifle conversation on channel because my opinion of the mental state of the participants or observers is incorrect.
TLDR: If you don’t complain, nothing happens. please tell an op.
In conclusion, ops are human.
1 Unless it’s funny2
2 If nobody apart from you thinks it’s funny, you’re being a dick.
- Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:25:13 +0100 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:27:12 +0100 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:23:36 +0100 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:21:14 +0100 – Aquarion [ Current ]
- Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:34:56 +0100 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:06:25 +0100 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:08:08 +0100 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:06:38 +0100 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:11:26 +0000 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Show rest of revisions