Yes, sometimes there is drama. We all recognise this, and it is not funny, nor good for the channel. Maelfroth is really not for Serious Business™ or personal attacks, or indeed for anything else that is Bad for Hive.
This page is designed as an informative on things that may let loose the Drama Llama, so as to avoid it getting out too much in future. Please try to avoid them.
Whilst we recognise that Maelfroth is a place with a robust and often hideous sense of humour, there are some things that stopped being funny a while ago, or just plain piss people off. Censorship of any kind is generally a bad thing, but pissing people off too much when you can avoid it is also a bit shit. The cardinal rule is just to be chilled out, and if someone asks you to leave a topic/subject, just back off – what you think is a joke may not be seen that way by other users. That way we can all continue to enjoy each other’s company and go back to doing what we should be, which is being silly. If you feel the need to rant at someone, do it on Rule7, not here.
As always, the Golden Rule applies, and if you feel yourself getting angry, take a few deep breaths and think before posting something you’ll regret. You might also want to check out some pictures of cute animals. We suggest somewhere like CuteOverload .
Things to remember
- Personal attacks on other users are not cool
- Derogatory comments about other users’ character choices aren’t either. Even if you’re joking. People get enough real flak about certain character choices/styles of play without people joking about it.
- Wemic jokes stopped being funny a long time ago.
- Do not let stuff from PMs spill into the main channel.
- Backing down to avoid Drama does not mean you lost. Stop worrying about your ego and chill out.
- Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:24:24 +0000 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Wed, 09 Feb 2011 20:37:26 +0000 – fyrheafoc [ View | Diff ]
- Mon, 08 Jun 2009 21:33:00 +0100 – Aquarion [ View | Diff ]
- Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:06:53 +0000 – Dre [ View | Diff ]
- Fri, 09 Jan 2009 11:11:47 +0000 – Iasus : An Informative [ Current ]